Day Two of Summer Card Camp 2, and I’m loving this class!
This fantastic technique is soooo easy to do, and is done using water-based colors. The first color I did (orange – on the left) didn’t come out right because I used too much water. Instead of saturating the color with water for the other colors, I used just one gentle spray.
I’d intended to add just one flower to the left of the die-cut window, but you guessed it, my fingers were a bit inky, and I left black smudges! Thank goodness for easy ways to cover up!
The “thanks” is a cut-file from Silhouette. (Design #11178) I did endeavor to make my own, but couldn’t get the cut-out to stay together – it just kept on cutting between the letters. I know it was user error, but as I was becoming frustrated, I just went to the Silhouette Online Store and bought what I wanted. It was 50cents well spent! (The design is on sale right now.)
I tried very hard to match the watercolor, and I pretty much achieved that.
Oh, I nearly forgot to tell you that the greeting is from Gina K Designs – One in a Million stamp set. I popped the topper up on dimensionals to give it more of a 3D look, and also did that for the lowest flower. The other one was lightly glued with wet glue – only in the centre to give it a little more dimension.
Thanks for looking, and as always, if you want to comment, and the comment box isn’t showing, click the title of this post and it will magically appear!