I have a LOT of leftover bits and pieces that I keep in a box in my craft room. A few days ago I made a card that used a background die, and for that I used part of a 6×6 sheet of patterned paper. That left me with a narrow strip of beautiful paper.
I had purposely cut the paper so I had this beautiful piece left to do something with. (See the right hand side of the card.) What that would be, I had no idea.
When I rummaged through my leftovers/scrap box, I found a jagged piece of cardstock that almost perfectly matched the green/grey background of the dsp.
Using my Spellbinders Curved Borders Two die set, I die-cut the edge of the cardstock and layered it against the dsp. Then measured up the opposite side and trimmed it to fit the cardbase.
I stamped the greeting using Stampin’ Up! set Painted Flowers, and stuck the cardstock down over the top of the dsp which I’d already glued down. (I used a white cardbase, because these are cards I donate, and the recipients need a light-coloured base to write in.)
Unfortunately the card looked way too bare on the left hand side, so again I rummaged through my scrap box. I found a small piece of cardstock that was an almost perfect match for the cream flowers in the dsp. (Despite the photo looking otherwise!) This time I ran though through my die-cutter with the SU Beautiful Wings Embosslit.
I added a couple of matching pearls, and the card was done.
Last but not least, I’d like to add a special mention to my dear friend Karen (Crafty Kazza’s Cardmaking), who cased this card. I adore her card – it is fabulous!
Thanks for looking, and as always, if you want to comment, and the comment box isn’t showing, click the title of this post and it will magically appear!