I recently participated in a card swap with some other Australian cardmakers. We each had to make seven of the same card and send to one central organiser who then distributed them. Here’s what I came up with:
Each participant had to supply a card ‘recipe’ so the recipient could CASE the card, so here’s mine:
Year of Flowers Stamp (Gina K Designs)
One in a Million Stamp (Gina K Designs)
Distress Markers – Dusty Concord, Forest Moss
Stampin’ Up! Lovely Lilac
Pearlized Lilac Card
For the topper you’ll need a piece of cardstock that’s about half the size of the card-front.
Ink up your flower stamp with Dusty Concord Distress Ink, then spritz with water (don’t overdo it or the ink will run when stamped). Let the flowers completely dry, then repeat the process for the stems and leaves, this time using Forest Moss Distress Ink.
Again leave to dry completely.
Next take Stampin’ Up! Lovely Lilac ink and sponge all four sides of the card. Cut some small strips of pearlized cardstock (in lilac) to add to the top and bottom of the card. I used a scallop edge, which is an option with my guillotine.
Glue the completed topper onto your white cardstock.
Last but not least, stamp a greeting from One in a Million stamp set, then cut into desired shape.
*You can colour the flowers, leaves, and stems, but I love the effect this technique gives.
My feeling for this card is that bright bold colours won’t work. I like the muted effect this soft mauve colour brings to the card.
Give it a try – see what you think. I hadn’t used this spritzing technique for years, but I’m pretty happy I decided to use it on this card design.
As always, if you want to comment, and the comment box isn’t showing, click the title of this post and it will magically appear!