This is a week two card. The technique for this card is ‘ombre’. I’ve never heard it before, so I was a little startled at hearing about it.
It’s basically using two or more colors of embossing powder on a sentiment. I made two cards using the technique, and wasn’t thrilled with the results of either. At this point I should add that the embossing powder I used was old, so that could be the issue.
Sticking to the color scheme meant I had to use those particular colors as they were the only ones that fitted.
Above you can see my first card. Here’s a close up of the embossing:
It’s easier to see the results in this shot. Can you see how grainy it looks? Like I said, I’m pretty sure it’s the age of this particular embossing powder.
This card started off differently, but I felt it was too bare, so added the splots (seen in the first photo). I did try using Glimmer Mist, but it simply soaked into the cardstock. (No idea why.) Anyways, here it is:
I did make one more card using this technique, but by this time I was quite discouraged with the technique. This card is too bare for my liking, but I’ll no doubt go back to it later and add more to it.
The addition of some pearls or rhinestones may be enough, but I see this as a male card, so I need to get the thinking cap on!
Thanks for looking, and as always, if you want to comment, and the comment box isn’t showing, click the title of this post and it will magically appear!