I have had a Dylusions Art Journal for nearly a year now, and every time I look at it I think “I need to decorate that cover”. But it never happens. The boring kraft cover just didn’t do it for me.
I’ll be honest and say that I was scared I’d mess it up and ruin the whole thing.
Then yesterday I saw that STAMPlorations had a mixed media challenge that requires 1) stenciling; and 2) needs to be a non-card project. That made me think once again about my journal cover.
So above is the result.
Everything you see here is from my stash. The stencil is one I recently bought at a craft show and is from Stencil Girl. I also did a bit of stenciling on the biggest frame as it looked too flat and plain. I used a small circle stencil for that. (Sorry, I don’t know the brand.)
The paint (background) is Kaisercraft, and is called Vivid Pink. I also used Inka Gold in both gold and green. The chipboard pieces were picked up at various places including craft shows, The Reject Shop, and other cheap shops. I *think* the flowers are mostly Inspired by Stamping, but there could also be some from Wild Orchid or Kaisercraft. I just throw all my flowers in a box together!
The ballerina is a charm I’ve had forever, and can’t even remember where I got it. I thought it fitted the theme well.
The bottom line on this project is that I don’t think it’s too shabby, so I guess that means I didn’t mess it up too much!
Thanks for looking, and as always, if you want to comment, and the comment box isn’t showing, click the title of this post and it will magically appear!