Masculine Card Using Oxide Distress Inks

The challenge for this month (July) is to use distressing. That can be ink or tool. I’ve chosen to use Distress Oxide Inks, which I’m still learning about.

I started off by making two backgrounds using watercolour paper. Both backgrounds used similar colours, but I did add some darker colour to the second background. There was no rhyme or reason to applying colours; I was simply playing and getting to know my new toys.  🙂

Once I was happy, and both pieces were dry, I decided on the lighter coloured one for the background, and the darker for the cogs.  I cut the cogs out using unbranded dies (from China – via eBay), and decided to use a little Vintage Photo Distress Inks on some of them to give a little more definition.

The greeting (from SU Wetlands) was stamped using Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Inks. Lastly, I trimmed and matted onto black cardstock.

I hope you’ll take the time to join in our current challenge at the Mix It Up blog. We’d love to see you there.

Thanks for looking, and as always, if you want to comment and the comment box isn’t showing, click the title of this post and it will magically appear!

cheryl

Save

Save